afLib Release Notes
Afero afLib3 R1.1
Release date: January 7, 2019
- API change to
af_lib_send_set_response() for consistency.
- Added ASR_STATE_RELINKED to indicate when ASR drops offline and reconnects.
- Simplified afBlink example app.
- Fixed issue in example apps that caused Modulo-1 to not work properly.
- Updated example apps for new “MCU update all” behavior in Firmware R2.1.1.
- Removed reference to undefined RESET pin when using Arduino Uno.
- Created example app profiles for Modulo-1B.
Afero afLib3 R1.0
Release date: August 9, 2018
- Atmel SAMD21 support (UART only).
- Linux support for connectivity to ASR-1 and ASR-2 via UART.
When used in conjunction with Firmware R2.0 and later:
- New, more logical API.
- Better handling of MCU attributes with default values. These are now differentiated in the callback when they're sent to the MCU.
- More granular event-handling in callback to simplify usage.
- MCU OTA support. You can upload and deploy new firmware for your connected MCU via the Afero OTA Manager. Read more in Handling MCU OTA Updates.
- New system attributes:
- AF_ONLINE_STATUS will tell you if ASR is connected to the Afero Cloud.
- AF_DEVICE_ID enables retrieval of the device ID using
- AF_ASSOCIATION_ID enables retrieval of the association ID using
- New Modulo states:
- AF_MODULE_STATE_INITIALIZED indicates initialization is complete, and it's safe for MCU to
- AF_MODULE_STATE_RELINKED can be used to differentiate a link state at reboot from a link state after the device may have dropped offline.
- Added function
af_lib_asr_has_capability() to allow the MCU to query the ASR firmware for supported features.
Afero afLib R1.3 and afLib2 R2.0
Release date: April 2, 2018
- Deprecation of C++ afLib.
- Added defines around debug prints in afBlink example so we don’t run out of memory on Arduino Uno.
- Initial public release of C afLib, called afLib2.
- Updated all example apps to use afLib2.